This is it! This is the official final report of the Innsbruck 2012 Winter Youth Olympic Games.
For the implementation of their many projects, the 1st Winter Youth Olympic Games relied on the high quality and know-how offered by local non-profit associations and companies with a social mission.
As part of the first ever Winter Youth Olympic Games, which took place in Innsbruck, Seefeld and Kühtai from 13 to 22 January 2012, the Language Services department of the Organising Committee chose the latest version of Kilgray’s memoQ translation memory software to handle the large translation workload before, during and after the Games. Ease-of-use, flexibility and reliability were among the key factors behind the decision to work with the growing software developer based in Hungary.
The 1st Winter Youth Olympic Games, which took place in Innsbruck, Seefeld and Kühtai between 13 and 22 January 2012, wrote history. A total of 1059 athletes from 70 nations were on hand to witness Innsbruck welcome the Olympic Family for the third time. To celebrate the event, the Austrian state broadcaster ORF has produced a documentary about the Games which will be shown on television on Saturday, 11 February 2012 from 14:25 to 15:50 (ORF 1) and on Wednesday 22 from 20:15 to 21.45 (ORF SPORT+).
The Culture & Education Programme of the 1st Winter Youth Olympic Games saw local school classes from across Tyrol given the challenge of presenting the countries participating in the Games in a creative and interactive way. A total of 56 nations were showcased using stands measuring just 12m² as part of the YOG World Mile in Congress Innsbruck, with young camera teams from Innsbruck Media College on hand to record the presentations and activities in short video clips.
Together with the local power and water provider, Innsbruck 2012 organized an energy-saving competition between 13 and 22 January for all of the athletes living in the Youth Olympic Village. The competition was held between the 375 apartments in the complex, each home to 3 to 6 persons, with the inhabitants of the apartment using the least energy per person per square metre during the Games winning a Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone.
Best of Innsbruck
- Check out this amazing 360° view of the Innsbruck 2012 Opening Ceremony http://t.co/cbdK1VaS
- Day 8 after the Games and Innsbruck is already awaiting the next sporting highlight: on 1 June 2012 the world's... http://t.co/W9d980XE
- The YOG World Mile was part of the Culture & Education Programme of the 1st Winter Youth Olympic Games. School... http://t.co/LbETRyWi
- Think Green Energy Saving Contest at Innsbruck 2012 powered by IKB. The winners Alex from Bulgaria and 4 Members... http://t.co/5PMZA1DQ
- Here are the last results of Innsbruck 2012 #yog: Congratulations to Italien's Baumgartner / Grande, who were... http://t.co/W6dXoxXW
- More knockout action from the Curling Mixed Doubles More highlights of the action which see's four more teams into the quarter-finals. NZL/CAN V CZE/RUS JPN/KOR V AUT/ITA GER/SUI V NOR/CHN USA/GBR V EST/SWE
- Austrian Ladies progress to final! Bitter rivals went head to head in the first Semi-final. A scrappy match with penalties galore, but in the end the Austrians overcame their rivals. Austria 2 - 0 Germany