Click on Results to go directly to the event results. Click on the arrows to display a list of all available reports.
Reports and results for Freestyle Skiing
- Freestyle Skiing
- Men's HalfpipeResults
Date Start Time Event Reports 14.01. 13:10 Men's Halfpipe Medallists 14.01. 13:10 Men's Halfpipe Qualification Start ListResults 15.01. 13:40 Men's Halfpipe Finals Start ListResults
- Men's Ski CrossResults
Date Start Time Event Reports 19.01. 14:00 Men's Ski Cross Medallists 19.01. 14:00 Men's Ski Cross Qualification Start ListResults 22.01. 12:00 Men's Ski Cross Finals Results
- Ladies' HalfpipeResults
Date Start Time Event Reports 14.01. 14:25 Ladies' Halfpipe Medallists 14.01. 14:25 Ladies' Halfpipe Qualification Start ListResults 15.01. 12:00 Ladies' Halfpipe Finals Start ListResults
- Ladies's Ski CrossResults
Date Start Time Event Reports 19.01. 14:00 Ladies' Ski Cross Medallists 19.01. 14:00 Ladies' Ski Cross Qualification Start ListResults 22.01. 12:00 Ladies' Ski Cross Finals Results
Freestyle Skiing at the Innsbruck 2012 Winter Youth Olympic Games consists ofa Ski Cross event and a Halfpipe event, both featuring competitions for men and women. This sport hasgrown enormously in popularity in the past few years. In the Halfpipe event,skiers descend a half-cylinder-shaped snow channel, performing acrobatic tricks such as jumps and flips as they pass from one side of the pipe to the other. The amount of speed gathered on the run-indetermines the height of the jumps in the pipe.
The mass-start in the SkiCross event sets the stage for fast and exciting racing. Each athlete must first complete an individual timed qualification run to determine the groups for the heats in the main competition. In these heats, four athletes descend a course full of banked corners, jumps, rollers and other freestyle terrain features. Ski Cross demands both alpine and freestyle skiing skills, meaning that the majorityof competitors have a background in ski racing.
More about Freestyle Ski on www.olympic.org
INNSBRUCK, Jan 21 - Michaela HEIDER (AUT) did not know she would be competing at the Innsbruck 2012 Winter Youth Olympic Games until she received a phone call on January 16, inviting her to take the place of injured teammate Michelle BUCHHOLZER (AUT).
KUHTAI, Jan 15 - Friendship was the theme in Freestyle Skiing as Kai MAHLER (SUI) won Gold in a visually spectacular competition between some close friends at the Men's Halfpipe Final on Sunday.
On day two of the 1st Winter Youth Olympic Games, the Youth Olympic Team Austria grabbed its first gold medal with gold in Freestyle Skiing Halfpipe for Elisabeth Gram.
INNSBRUCK, Jan 13 - Tiril SJAASTAD CHRISTIANSEN (NOR) eagerly listened to her coach's description of a left-side 540 before her training run on the jumbo-sized superpipe on Thursday, and moments later turned those words into spectacular reality.
INNSBRUCK, Jan 12 - It is only fitting that Freestyle Skiing royalty was in attendance on Thursday as the Innsbruck 2012 Winter Olympic Youth Games officially welcomed the sport of Ski Halfpipe to the Olympic programme.
- Latest standings in Mens and Women's Ski-cross Qualifiers Highlights and latest qualifying standings for Mens and Women's Ski-cross. The next stage is looking to be a sensational contest.
- Elisabeth Gram tops the group in qualifying
- A stylish win for Elisabeth Gram Highlights of the Freestyle Skiing Women's Halfpipe at Innsbruck 2012. Elisabeth Gram of host nation Austria is the winner.
- Kevin Rolland answers your questions Our awesome Ambassador Kevin Rolland gamely agreed to take on the challenge, answering your questions in just 100 seconds! No subject was off limits!
- After an awesome contest Kai Mahler is the victor! Highlights of the Freestyle Skiing Men's Halfpipe at Innsbruck 2012. Kai Mahler of Switzerland taking first place.